We’ve been having a blast. A good proof we have way more than we need is that here we live in a small 2 bedroom apartment, with only the basics (table, chairs, 2 couches, dressers, beds. That’s it), and just the few toys we could haul in El Cangri’s backpack. And we are content; the children aren’t traumatized. I bought them a long, long jump rope yesterday, a case of sidewalk chalk and the owner of a toy store gave us about a dozen balloons she was going to pop at the end of the day. I can’t describe how much fun the kids have had with these few items. Ah! I’m forgetting the writing stuff: notebooks, pencils, crayons, and books. In fact today I took a picture that summarizes in a nutshell, or a stroller to be accurate, what I need to survive:
- baby sling, any kind will do, but the mei tei is doing all the work these days
- my very “green” hemp messenger bag with diapers, sunscreen, bug repellent spray, treats
- a book. Now I’m reading “Romeo and Juliet.” Don’t get me started
- SIGG water bottles. They’re cute, safe and so useful!
- the only missing thing is my mate set (it was too hot to drink mate at the park)