Last week I joined a few other bloggers in participating of a virtual Secret Valentine blogfest. I loved the concept, and when I found out whose Secret Valentine I am, I was even more excited: Kristin Miller, one of the brilliant minds behind the idea.
I don’t know Kristin in person, but just reading her blogs (yes, she has multiple blogs) gave me a hint of who she is, and made me wish I knew how to design a beautiful blog–or hire someone to do it for me–, and write such insightful/useful blog posts.
Without being a stalker, I found a lot of interesting things about her just from her blog:
- She’s such a romantic. I mean, her favorite fictional couple are Anne (yes, from the Green Gables) and Gilbert.
- She has excellent taste: among her favorite movies are The Borne Trilogy and she likes the Fiennes brothers.
- She loves to travel. Such a free spirit.
- She’s brave. She travels by herself, and likes meeting new people in her travels. I wish more like that. I have a hard time on Sundays if my friends are not at Church.
- She’s crafty. Not only does she post wonderful ideas for crafts, like a wintery rose wreath or a pendant with charms made out of book pages, but she also links to the tutorial. She’s generous and thoughtful too.
- She writes wonderful book reviews. Even though her comments of YUMMY: THE LAST DAYS OF A SOUTHSIDE SHORTY by G. Neri, ill by Randy DuBurke are brief, they sparked my interest in it right away. It’s already on my TBR ever-growing mountain (pile doesn’t really fit anymore).
- Her favorite drink is water, and she loves yoga pants.
- She’s hard working: not only is she a YA and MG author, but she’s also an agent with the D4EO agency. She’s also part of the the wonderful YA Highway bloggers.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day, Kristin. I’m very glad of this opportunity to get to know you a little through this fun event.
And Happy Valentine’s day to all of you, whether you are single or in a couple. Love is everywhere!